Harry Styles takes on London festival role as curator with ‘Meltdown’ reveal
Harry Styles will curate and perform at London’s Meltdown Festival, marking a new creative chapter for the pop star

Harry Styles is preparing for a new creative chapter after being confirmed as the curator of the Meltdown Festival at Southbank Centre in London. The annual event, recognised as the world’s longest running artist curated music festival, will also see Styles take to the stage for a headline performance during the 2026 edition.
Meltdown is scheduled to run from June 11 to June 21 and will coincide with the Southbank Centre’s 75th anniversary celebrations. The riverside venue has long been a cornerstone of British cultural life and plays host to major events including the London Film Festival and the BAFTA Film Awards. Styles’ involvement places him within a prestigious lineage of artists who have previously shaped the festival’s direction.
While the full line up has yet to be announced, organisers have said Styles will draw on a wide range of musical influences when curating the programme. These are expected to span pop, soul, electronic and rock music, alongside underground scenes and emerging British talent. The approach reflects Styles’ own reputation for crossing genres and spotlighting new voices within the industry.
In a statement released alongside the announcement, Styles described the role as a personal honour. He said he was excited to share the music and art he loves while celebrating the history of a venue that has offered accessible culture for generations. He also spoke about the importance of music as a unifying force and expressed gratitude to the Southbank Centre for the opportunity.
The Meltdown Festival has previously been curated by influential figures across music and culture. Recent editions have included stewardship from Little Simz, while earlier curators have included Robert Smith, Grace Jones and Nile Rodgers. Styles now joins that list at a moment when his global profile remains exceptionally strong.
The announcement follows a period of remarkable demand for Styles’ live shows. He recently revealed plans for an extensive run of dates at Madison Square Garden, which reportedly drew applications from millions of fans seeking presale access. In London, he has also achieved a record breaking run of performances at Wembley Stadium, further cementing his status as one of the most powerful live draws of his generation.
By stepping into the curator role, Styles is signalling an interest in shaping musical spaces beyond his own performances. The Meltdown Festival will allow him to spotlight artists and sounds that have influenced his journey, while also offering audiences a carefully considered programme rooted in collaboration and discovery.
As anticipation builds for the full Meltdown line up, Styles’ involvement is already being viewed as a significant moment for London’s cultural calendar.


















COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ