KARACHI: Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Tuesday said the government will release the first video of detained target killers on television within 48 hours.
Speaking to the media in Karachi, the interior minister said the target killers will retrace their steps in the video and explain how they carried out their tasks , who assigned them to the killings and where they got their weapons from.
(Read: Political rhetoric heats up as violence spikes again)
He said 52 suspects had been detained in overnight operations in Karachi.
Malik said that five bodies found in the city had been identified and they had been killed in a feud, and were not target killings. He said that no new killings had taken place since 2am.
The interior minister said that he will soon visit schools, colleges and universities to help form a youth force who will help monitor their neighbourhoods and report any untoward incidents. He said the Inspector General of Police (IG) was working with him on this.
Earlier, Malik had met traders in Karachi who had expressed their concern over the law and order situation in the city.
Speaking to the media after the meeting, Chairman Board of Investment Sindh, Zubair Motiwala had said the Karachi Chamber of Commerce and Industry had not demanded the deployment of the army in the city.
He said Malik had assured him that that action will be taken against miscreants and traders will be provided complete security.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ