Three militants killed in Swat clashes


Afp June 14, 2010

MINGORA: Three suspected militants were killed in a clash with security forces at Charbagh tehsil of Swat district on Sunday.

The clash took place during a search operation by security forces in Shain Katt village in the Tuligram area, officials said.

The militants opened indiscriminate fire at security forces when challenged. In retaliatory fire from security forces, three militants were killed, officials said.

Security forces also claimed to have recovered weapons from the possession of the deceased militants.

Meanwhile, the houses of two militant commanders, Bakht Zaman and Pervaish Khan, wanted by law enforcement agencies, were set on fire.  Police sources said that the houses were torched because the militants failed to surrender by the deadline set for them. Families of Zaman and another militant commander Abdul Wahab, were also expelled from their native village of Baish Banar.

Earlier on Friday, the families of three militant commanders were driven out from their native areas, while the houses of six militants were set ablaze.  It is said that residents of Swat have welcomed the forces’ decision of expelling the families, because they had destroyed peace in Swat.

Published in the Express Tribune, June 14th, 2010.

COMMENTS (1)

mussarat ahmedzeb swat | 11 years ago | Reply driving the families out. Are they being deported if so, which country?
Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read