Hydrocarbon reserves: OGDCL makes new discovery

Discovery made near Tando Allah Yar South West 1


Our Correspondent September 26, 2017
A pump jack is seen at sunrise. PHOTO: REUTERS

ISLAMABAD: Oil and Gas Development Company Limited (OGDCL) has discovered gas and condensate from its exploratory well Tando Allah Yar South West 1, which is located in district Hyderabad in Sindh.

OGDC finds fresh oil, gas deposits in Sindh

OGDCL is the operator in this joint venture holding 95% working interest while the remaining 5% is held by Government Holdings (Pvt) Limited (GHPL).

The structure of the well was delineated, drilled and tested using OGDCL’s in-house expertise. The well was drilled down to the depth of 3,250 metres and has tested 10mmscfd of gas and 72bpd of condensate through 32/64 choke at Well Head Flowing Pressure (WHFP) of 2,440 per square inch from “massive sands” of lower goru formation.

OGDC discovers new gas deposits in Sindh

The discovery of Tando Allah Yar South West Well 1 is the result of aggressive exploration strategy adopted by the company. It has opened a new avenue and would add to the hydrocarbon reserves base of OGDCL and the country.

Published in The Express Tribune, September 26th, 2017.

Like Business on Facebook, follow @TribuneBiz on Twitter to stay informed and join in the conversation.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read