RAHIM YAR KHAN: District Emergency Officer Dr Abdul Sattar has some recommendations to minimise motorcycle-related road accidents:
• Traffic police should take strict action against the violation of one-way traffic.
• Black spotted roads/chowks should have signboards for awareness.
• Speed-breakers should be built at link roads before entry to main road. The height of cat eyes installed in the mid of roads must be reduced.
• Motorcyclists should be educated regarding the use of helmet and indicators through campaigns.
• Damaged bikes should be displayed at prominent spots as a warning to people.
• Display of safety instructions for motorcycle riders in different areas of the city.
• Strict action should be taken against those violating traffic rules.
Published in The Express Tribune, February 13th, 2017.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ