Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International has been named the world's busiest passenger airport, according to preliminary traffic data released by Airports Council International (ACI).
The report says more than 100 million passengers passed though Atlanta airport in 2015, a rise of 5.5% over 2014.
10 best airports in the world
The report credits Atlanta's strategic location as a major connecting hub and port of entry into North America for its continuing success, noting that it is within a two-hour flight of 80% of the United States' population.
Beijing Capital International Airport came in second followed by Dubai International Airport. "While Beijing was poised to close the gap on Atlanta by 2015, it no longer benefits from the double-digit growth it enjoyed in previous years, and as such remains in second position," the report said.
Worst airports in the world, according to pilots
Here are the 10 busiest airports in the world:
10. Dallas Fort-Worth International
9. Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
8. Hong Kong International Airport
7. Los Angeles International Airport
6. London Heathrow Airport
5. Tokyo Haneda Airport
4. Chicago O'Hare International Airport
3. Dubai International Airport
2. Beijing Capital International Airport
1. Atlanta Hartsfield Jackson International
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ