Accident: Three die from receiving electric shocks

Police said 26-year-old Hassan Ali fainted after touching live wires during a marriage ceremony in Samanabad


Our Correspondent October 12, 2015
STOCK IMAGE

FAISALABAD:


Three people died and two fainted after receiving electric shocks in Faisalabad district on Sunday-Monday.


A police spokesperson said Saima Ateeq, a resident of Chak 246-RB, Chenchil Singhwala, was doing her laundry at home when she received a fatal electric shock from the washing machine. Separately, 28-year-old Kashif Ali, a resident of Chak 96-RB, died after receiving an electric shock from a motor that short-circuited at a local textile mills where he worked.

Police said 45-year-old labourer Maqsood Ahmad received a fatal electric shock when he accidentally touched high voltage electricity wires passing near the roof of a construction site in Mohallah Ghafoor Abad, Chiniot, where he was working. Separately, 17-year-old factory worker Nauman Haidar fainted after receiving an electric shock at a factory on Samundri Road where he worked. Police said 26-year-old Hassan Ali fainted after touching live wires during a marriage ceremony in Samanabad.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 13th, 2015.

E-Publications

Most Read

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ