
Lahore High Court on Monday gave the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) chief till September 7 to respond to a petition filed by Shaukat Ullah Bangash against his arrest by the NAB in a fraud scam. Petitioner Bangash, a son of Senator Saif Ullah Bangash, denied that he was involved in any financial scam.
He said the property associated with Qasr-e-Zouk (marriage hall) had been sold to one Asia Gas Company for Rs50 million. He said the NAB had arrested him on August 9 and was since keeping him in detention without producing any evidence corroborating their claim that he was involved in a financial scam. The NAB had caught the petitioner in a reference accusing him of embezzling Rs980 million.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 25th, 2015.
COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ