Short circuit: Cotton factory gutted

Goods worth millions of rupees were damaged, however no loss of life was reported in the fire.

Our Correspondent July 31, 2014

KARACHI: A fire broke out in a cotton factory located in SITE area during the early hours of Thursday. Resultantly, goods worth millions of rupees were damaged. However, no loss of life was reported in the fire. The fire fighters tamed the fire with hours of hectic efforts. According to the fire department officials, the fire erupted inside the fabric, stitching, cutting and store departments of the Naeem Industries factory. As the fire broke out, tenders were immediately summoned to the site. The fire department spokesperson said that a total of 11 fire tenders participated in the operation. The factory was immediately evacuated and the fire was doused. The building was dangerous as most of its parts collapsed in the intense fire. The actual motive behind the fire has, however, yet to be ascertained but it seems it broke out due to a short-circuit, said an official.

Published in The Express Tribune, August 1st, 2014.

Facebook Conversations