Two die, four hospitalised after eating 'poisonous food' in Karachi

The mother and three siblings of the two poisoned girls were admitted to the hospital for treatment.

Faraz Khan January 01, 2014
Samples from the "egg and potatoes" meal sent to labs for testing. PHOTO: FILE

KARACHI: Two sisters died while their mother and three siblings fell ill on Wednesday night after apparently consuming poisonous food at their home in Korangi.

The incident took place in a slum part of Korangi, which falls within the Zaman Town police station remits.

As the apparent result of eating poisonous food, 17 year-old Rameen and 19 year-old Mahim, died as they wre being shifted to a hospital. Their mother, 45 year-old Akbari Begum, their three sisters, Misba, Samia and Jugni were admitted to Poisonous Ward at the Jinnah Hospital.

Police officials said that the victims had consumed ‘egg and potatoes.’ Samples of the food have been dispatched to concerned laboratories for examination while further investigations are underway.


Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ


Most Read