ISLAMABAD: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) on Tuesday invited political parties to file application for the allotment of election symbols till March 15.
According to a press release, the political parties, which have complied with the provisions and rules of the Political Parties Order 2002, have been invited to submit their applications for allocation of one of the symbols prescribed under rule nine of the Representation of the People (Conduct of Elections) Rules 1977.
It said that applications, duly signed by the respective party leader, should reach the Election Commission Secretariat Islamabad, on or before March 15, 2013. The applications received after the due date will not be entertained.
The political parties were further advised to file the applications for allocation of symbols according to the requirements of Article 5 of the Allocation of Symbols Order 2002.
The release insisted that the ECP will only now start accepting applications for allotment of party symbols and any applications submitted before Tuesday's announcements will not be entertained.
The applications should contain the following information:
- The list of symbols applied for in order of preference.
- Symbol or symbols, if any allocated to the political party during the previous general elections.
- Every such application shall be signed by the party leader, by whatever name designated.
- Address of the head office of the political party.
- The name of its President, Secretary General and other office-bearers of the Central Executive Committee.
- The numerical strength of its members.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ