Polio immunisation: Action sought against negligent officials

Arrangements for the upcoming three-day anti-polio drive in the city, is scheduled to begin from July 16.


Our Correspondent July 06, 2012

FAISALABAD:


District Coordination Officer Nasim Sadiq has directed the assistant commissioners and the executive district officer (health) to take action against several teachers, secretaries of union councils and revenue clerks found negligent in the last anti-polio campaign in the city. 


He issued the directions in a meeting held to review the arrangements for the upcoming three-day anti-polio drive in the city, which is scheduled to begin from July 16. He warned the officials against any negligence in the upcoming campaign.

He said the administration had learnt that some officials were minting money from the campaign. “Some officials are receiving bribes from families who refuse to get their children immunised against polio,” he said.

DO (Health) Dr Asif Shehzad told the meeting that 2,742 teams had been constituted for the campaign that will cover 1.17 million children of up to five years in the city.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 7th, 2012. 

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

Most Read