Court sends drug queenpin Pinky on judicial remand in all cases

Directs investigating officers to submit charge sheets upon completion of investigations within two weeks

KARACHI:

A judicial magistrate on Friday sent Anmol alias Pinky, the alleged head of a drug trafficking network, on judicial remand in more than 16 cases, consisting of multiple narcotics cases and a murder case till the next hearing date.

Special Public Prosecutor Shakeel Abbasi said the court had directed jail authorities to produce the accused again on May 25.

Pinky was arrested on May 12, accused of operating one of the city’s most organised narcotics supply networks. Arrested during a joint operation conducted by the City police and a civil agency from an apartment in the Garden area, investigators claim she was running a sophisticated cocaine processing and delivery operation with links extending beyond Karachi to Lahore, Islamabad, and other cities.

More than 16 cases have been registered against her in different police stations. The cases include charges of murder, illegal weapons possession, and narcotics offences. Cases against Pinky have been registered at Darakhshan, Gizri, Baghdadi, and Garden police stations.

The prosecution had sought an extension of her custody in all the cases, however, the court remanded her to judicial custody in all matters and directed the investigating officers to submit charge sheets upon completion of the investigations within two weeks.

Police brought Pinky to the Judicial Complex and produced her in court amid strict security arrangements, while security at the Central Jail was also heightened during the hearing. Hearings were held in more than 16 cases against Pinky, and the accused was produced before the judicial magistrate under tight security after the completion of her physical remand.

Also Read: Karachi court extends drug queenpin Pinky’s physical remand by four days

Earlier in the day, the South district and sessions judge approved requests filed by the Darakhshan, Gizri, Garden, and Defence police to produce Anmol at the Judicial Complex.

Police requested further physical remand of the accused. Lawyers representing the accused opposed the request for physical remand, arguing that “The accused has already remained on police remand for 11 days."

A judicial magistrate in Karachi on Monday extended her physical remand by four days, which ended today (Friday), marking the completion of Pinky’s physical remand in both a narcotics case and a murder case, along with separate remands in 10 previously registered drug cases.

Journalists were barred from entering the Judicial Complex inside the Central Jail premises. The accused has been exempted from appearing before the court due to security concerns. The court further directed that the complainant’s statement be recorded in the presence of the accused’s lawyers.

Meanwhile, Pinky alleged that she was being coerced into naming politicians and members of the entertainment industry. She claimed that she had been subjected to torture and alleged that the investigation officer slapped her during interrogation. "The IO threatened me and asked me to name a former prime minister and actors Muneeb Butt and Syra Yousuf," she alleged.

Pinky's suspected husband

Also on Friday, a Lahore sessions court ordered the registration of an FIR against former DSP of the Organised Crime Unit Rana Muhammad Akram, the alleged husband of Anmol alias Pinky.

The court issued the directions to the SHO under Sections 22-A and 22-B on a petition filed by Yasmin Tabassum, also known as Nigar Chaudhry.

Akram had been accused of conducting an illegal raid at a house and taking away items worth Rs5.5 million. An inquiry report submitted by the CCPO office held him responsible for misconduct and inappropriate behaviour.

Read More: Sindh IG says probe into Pinky's drug network expanded as she named 'certain personalities'

A report issued by the SSP Internal Accountability on August 5, 2024 had also pointed out serious irregularities related to the raid. However, a later inquiry conducted by the Organised Crime Unit maintained that the allegations could not be proven.

Nigar Chaudhry had challenged the second inquiry report through an appeal. Subsequently, the AIG Inspection and AIG Complaints ordered a de novo inquiry on July 21, 2025.

The court was informed through the Punjab Inspector General that Akram had retired on February 14, 2025. However, the court observed that retirement does not nullify the legal status of the allegations against him.

Load Next Story