The samples collected from the bodies of three children, who died allegedly after inhaling toxic fumes, were sent for chemical examination on Sunday night in Karachi.
Meanwhile, the police arrested the mother of the deceased minors after lodging a case against her on the accusation of her husband, Imran. However, the police said that no evidence had been found against the woman till the filing of this report.
Two brothers, aged eight and six, and their three-year-old sister, were found lying unconscious in a room filled with fumes of pesticide spray, eyewitnesses told the police.
Their mother, Noreen Imran, had reportedly come out of her apartment crying for help. The neighbours shifted the children to Patel Hospital in Gulshan-e-Iqbal, where they were pronounced dead on arrival.
According to the police, area residents said that the bed had been sprayed with bed bug pesticide and it is suspected that the condition of the children deteriorated after they inhaled excessive fumes. However, the actual cause of death will only be ascertained after the chemical examination report is received, maintained the doctors and the police.
Published in The Express Tribune, April 12th, 2021.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ