Commission receives Saleem Shahzad's cell phone record

The laptop of the slain journalist is still missing.


Express July 09, 2011

ISLAMABAD: The Information Secretary of Judicial Commission Taimoor Azmat investigating the murder of journalist Saleem Shahzad said that the phone records from Shahzad cell phone has been received however, his laptop was still missing.

Azmat said this while briefing the media after a session of the judicial commission at the Supreme Court in Islamabad on Saturday.

During the meeting, Justice Saqib Nisar said that all senior journalists who had been requested to cooperate must come up with their input.

He said that without their cooperation it would be impossible for the commission to work effectively.

The journalists, summoned by the judicial commission, requested the court to take their statements in writing at the next meeting rather than recording them in front of everyone.

The commission approved their request and assured them that full security will be provided to the witnesses.

Azmat said that the journalists had been directed to submit their written statements before next session of commission to be held on July 18.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ