FO official, husband die of suffocation in Hunza hotel room

The couple was on their honeymoon after they had tied the knot on November 29

Khalid Mehmood December 08, 2018
Postmortem report confirms cause of death, authorities say. PHOTO: EXPRESS

ISLAMABAD: Syeda Fatemi, an assistant director at the ministry of foreign affairs, along with her husband died of asphyxiation after a gas leakage in their hotel room in Hunza on Saturday.

The couple was on their honeymoon after they had tied the knot on November 29.

The couple's postmortem at the Civil Hospital Hunza confirmed the cause of death to to be suffocation.

Model-writer Annie Ali Khan found dead at Karachi apartment

Fatemi was from the 42nd common training programme and had been stationed at the common diplomacy section of the foreign office.

She had just completed a training course from France and originally belonged to Attock.

Fatemi was also a position holder at the special diplomacy course.

Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi expressed deep sorrow over the tragic incident. He offered condolences to the bereaved family.

Earlier this year, former model and journalist Quratulain Ali Khan had also been found dead at her Karachi apartment owing to suffocation as well.

Model Anam Tanoli ‘commits suicide’ in Lahore

She was believed to have committed suicide. District South SSP Omar Shahid Hamid said that the one-time model had suffocated to death after setting some of her book ablaze.

While Hamid ruled out foul play, he said a probe would continue. Khan was found dead after neighbours noted smoke rising from her apartment and alerted police.

The deceased’s body was then sent from the Qasr-e-Zainab building in the city’s red zone to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC). Doctors at the hospital also confirmed that the former model had suffocated to death.

Facebook Conversations


Maura Hakeem | 1 year ago | Reply | Recommend The irony..Hunza Valley has the highest rate of longevity in the country and, perhaps, the world, yet these poor souls are gone because of possible carelessness and negligence on part of the hotel.
Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

Load Next Story