Father, son martyred in consulate attack laid to rest

Family complains Sindh government did not extend support


Ppi November 25, 2018
People carry coffins of father and son died in attack on Chinese Consulate in Karachi. PHOTO: ONLINE

QUETTA: A man and his son who were martyred in Frday’s terrorist attack on the Chinese consulate in Karachi were buried in the QDA graveyard on Saturday.

The family of the deceased businessmen complained that the Sindh government had not extended any assistance in transporting their bodies to Quetta.

BLA chief Hyrbyair Marri, 12 others booked for Chinese consulate attack

The bodies of Niaz Mohammad and his son Zahid Shah were brought by road to their home on Khushal Road.

After the funeral prayers, they were laid to rest at the QDA graveyard in the presence of relatives and friends.

Speaking to the media, Niaz Mohammed’s brother Haji Habibur Rehman said the deceased ran a cloth business. They imported cloth from China and sold it in Quetta. Since their visas had expired, they had been asked to visit the Chinese consulate for renewal of the documents at 9am, when the attack occurred.

The family alleged that the Sindh government had delayed handing over the bodies. Had the Sindh government handed over the bodies in time, they would have been brought to Quetta by plane.

In pictures: Terror attack on Chinese consulate in Karachi

The incident occurred in the morning and the bodies were received at midnight. Therefore, there was no other option but to bring them by road, the dejected family said.

The family members also complained that no representative of Balochistan government had visited their home for condolence.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read