Minor girl raped, boy killed after being sexually assaulted in Karachi

More than 10 rape cases registered in the city in January

Faraz Khan/arshad Baig February 03, 2018

KARACHI: An eight-year-old girl was allegedly raped near her house in the outskirts of the city on Friday, while the body of a seven-year-old boy who was raped was found at an under-construction building in Karachi.

The incident took place in Bhains Colony within the limits of the Sukkun police station. The girl, according to her family, was sexually assaulted by an unidentified person after she left home to buy sweets from a nearby shop on Friday.

The family added that the unidentified person took her to an isolated place where he allegedly sexually assaulted her. The accused, however, later managed to escape the scene. The family approached the police after the girl narrated the story to her family. Meanwhile, in her statement to the police, the girl said she did not know the man who raped her but would be able to identify him.

Seven-year-old boy found ‘raped, killed’ in Karachi

Sukkun SHO Javed Jalbani said that the girl had been sent to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre for a medical examination and a rape case would be registered if her medical reports confirmed it.

Jalbani added that the police was waiting for the medical report to register a case, while further investigation is under way.

After eight-year-old Zainab's rape and murder case in Kasur, Karachi has also seen a sudden rise in rape cases of underage girls. The police have been arresting suspects amidst the Zainab murder case media frenzy, but have failed to prevent these cases from occurring.

In a separate incident, a day after the body of the minor boy was found, police registered on Friday a case against unidentified persons for killing the boy after raping him in District East.

Kasur rape case: Murderer of 8-year-old Zainab arrested

A seven-year-old boy, who was strangled to death after being raped, was found dead from the bushes within the limits of New Town police station on Thursday. His body was later moved to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre for medico-legal formalities where doctors, according to initial findings, confirmed that the boy was raped before being killed.

Police officials said that an unidentified person first kidnapped the victim and later raped him before strangling him to death. The body was later handed over to his family for the burial process.

New Town police registered a case against unidentified persons on the complaint of the victim's father. An FIR was registered with sections of kidnapping, rape and murder. The deceased was a student of class three and had gone missing after leaving home on Thursday to play with neighbours after school. His body was found late Thursday evening.

New Town SHO Hikmatullah said that the case was registered while further investigation is under way.

January cases

The courts have seen a rise in kidnapping and rape cases of underage girls in the past month. More than 10 cases have been registered and heard in the courts, with four women and 10 men placed in judicial custody while two accused ordered in the custody of the police.

Months back, Kasur suspect also booked for abduction

According to details shared by the Sachhal police station, accused Naveed and his wife Nasreen had kidnapped a 10-year old girl and sexually assaulted her repeatedly. Despite receiving a missing person's report on time, the police failed to retrieve the young girl in time.

Upon hearing the underage girl's screams, the locals took it upon themselves to rescue the girl and handed the suspects over to the police. A District Malir court ordered the couple be sent to jail, with the sessions judge rejecting the couple's bail pleas.

Meanwhile, a 13-year old girl was kidnapped in Korangi by two women who handed the underage girl over to bank officers Arshad and Adeel, who then gang raped her.

A case was filed against both the men, with senior police officials taking notice of the case and arresting more than four suspects who were then placed in jail under judicial custody.

The sessions judge also rejected the main accused, Arshad's, bail plea after the underage girl identified her aggressors.

Professor among six held for 'rape, blackmailing' of student in Multan

A couple of days ago, another couple tried to kidnap a nine-year-old girl but were caught by onlookers on the spot and handed over to the police. The court ordered both of them be sent to jail.

While producing the suspect, Ilyas, in the judicial magistrate's court, the investigation officer (IO) told the court that he was the nine-year old girl's neighbour. The victim's medical report showed that she had been sexually assaulted.

The accused was ordered under police custody for two more days on the request of the IO.

The police arrested a suspect, Zubair Ahmed, who had allegedly tried to rape an eight-year old girl. The accused was produced in the judicial magistrate's court. The IO told the court that the suspect had tried to assault the young girl, but was caught by the area residents and handed over to the police.

The court, upon the IO's request, placed the accused under police custody till February 7.


Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ