The Pakistan Army made a reshuffle on Sunday at key positions and ordered posting and transfers of 10 lieutenant generals, including Bilal Akbar, Rizwan Akhtar and Asim Bajwa.
The development came two weeks after Gen Qamar Bajwa took over as the new army chief.
Lt Gen Bajwa, who served as the chief of Inter-Services Public Relations since June 2012, was appointed as Inspector General (IG) Arms at the General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi, the military’s media wing announced in a statement.
DG Rangers Sindh Lt Gen Akbar was selected as Chief of General Staff, whereas DG Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), Lt Gen Akhtar, chosen as president National Defence University (NDU) in Islamabad.
Similarly, Lt Gen Naveed Mukhtar was posted as the new DG ISI.
Meanwhile, IG Frontier Corps (FC) Lt Gen Sher Afgun was posted as 31 Corps Commander in Bahawalpur, whereas Peshawar Corps Commander Lt Gen Hidayatur Rehman appointed as IG General Training and Evaluation (IGT&E) at the GHQ.
- Lt Gen Nazir Butt, presently president NDU, appointed as Corps Commander Peshawar (11 Corps)
- Lt Gen Hamayun Aziz appointed as Inspector General C&IT at GHQ
- Lt Gen Qazi Ikram appointed as Chief of Logistic Staff at GHQ
- Lt Gen Muhammad Afzal to continue as DG Frontier Works Organisation (FWO)
- Lt Gen Naeem Ashraf posted as Chairman Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT)