Zehri blames ‘external forces’ for Balochistan unrest

'Terrorists cannot divide us with such cowardly acts'


Our Correspondent August 16, 2016
Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Sanaullah Zehri. PHOTO: NNI

KARACHI: Balochistan Chief Minister Sanaullah Zehri on Monday once again blamed ‘external forces’ for fomenting unrest in the province to achieve their ‘ulterior motives’, saying the suicide blast on a hospital in Quetta last week was also the handiwork of such elements.

“Terrorists cannot divide us with such cowardly acts. The nation stood united behind law-enforcement agencies who have been sacrificing their lives to protect citizens,” Zehri said while talking to the media after visiting victims of the Quetta blast at Aga Khan University Hospital.

Balochistan isn’t Kashmir: Zehri rejects Narendra Modi’s toxic analogy

He said the successful completion of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor was at the heart of his government and vowed to provide “foolproof security” to those working on the project.

The CM said the morale of the security forces is high and they are alert to countering every act of terrorism in any part of the province.

Published in The Express Tribune, August 16th, 2016.

Facebook Conversations

COMMENTS (9)

Kamaal | 3 years ago | Reply | Recommend Isnt it the same zehri whose brother, son, family were all blown up a couple of years ago by freedom fighters in his own province zehri? and he barely escaped and still moves in armoured cavalcades and speaks from behind bulletproof glasses?
Khan Ahmed | 3 years ago | Reply | Recommend Zehri is a joker - he never speak truth. People stopped believing in him.
VIEW MORE COMMENTS
Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

Load Next Story