One of the main suspects of Safora massacre has agreed to testify under a plea deal, Express News reported.
Assadur Rehman, alias Malik, after striking a plea bargain has revealed to a Joint Investigation Team (JIT) that before being involved in the Safora massacre he was involved in the targeted killing of police officials.
His testimony will now be used as significant information during the court proceedings of the Safora massacre.
The accused is said to have done his O-levels from Army Public School Karachi in 2004, before joining a proscribed organisation in 2006.
As many as 45 people were killed in the attack on a passenger bus near Safora Chowk in Karachi on May 13, 2015.
Read: Safora massacre: Important leads found from crime scene, says Sharjeel
Earlier in June, police seemed to have found the key culprits behind the recent unrest in Karachi in the form of the Safoora bus attackers, as they are being implicated in new cases with each passing day based on their ‘revelations’ during the ongoing investigation.
Since their arrest in May, they have been remanded in a number of cases, including the murder of The Second Floor director Sabeen Mahmud, the attack on Jinnah Dental College’s American professor Debra Lobo, the bombing on Imam bargahs and schools and others.
Read: Two more witnesses identify suspects in Safoora bus massacre
On July 15, the prosecution apparently gained ground in the investigation of the Safoora bus massacre as two witnesses identified three of the suspects held in the case.
Tahir Hussain Minhas alias Saeen, Saad Aziz alias Tin Tin and Asadur Rehman alias Malik were presented before a Malir district judicial magistrate for an identification parade for the second time in a week. Due to the high-profile nature of the case, the proceedings took place within the judge’s chambers amid tight security.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ