Naked Wire: Mother and infant electrocuted to death

Her two-year-old daughter Sidra was sitting in her lap. Both died of electrocution on the spot


Our Correspondent July 16, 2015

HARIPUR: A woman and her infant were electrocuted to death in Khalabat Township, police and family sources said on Thursday. Laboratory technician Jehangir, a resident of Mohallah Darband, told the police his 26-year-old wife, Sumaira Bibi, was busy sewing clothes for Eid on her electric sewing machine when an exposed wire touched the machine’s body. Her two-year-old daughter Sidra was sitting in her lap. Both died of electrocution on the spot.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 17th, 2015.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read