The Sindh High Court has approached the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) government for its reply about a missing person who has reportedly been confined there.
On Wednesday, the division bench, headed by Justice Sadiq Hussain Bhatti, took up the case of Yusuf Khan, who was allegedly picked up by law enforcement agencies from his residence in Site earlier this month.
His arrest was not shown in any case and his whereabouts are unknown.
The case investigation officer told the bench that Khan was reportedly in the custody of the KP police, adding that several letters had been written to them inquiring about the detainee but to no avail. On hearing this, the court issued a notice to the KP government, seeking its reply by July 7.
The same bench also heard petitions about two other missing persons, Ali Asad and Syed Muhammad Faraz.
The court was told that they were picked up by the Rangers from their residence in April and had been missing since then, with neither the paramilitary force nor the police claiming their arrest.
The bench expressed displeasure over the absence of the law enforcement agencies from the hearing and directed the Rangers DG and Sindh IG to produce Asad and Faraz in court on July 2.
Published in The Express Tribune, June 18th, 2015.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ