Due process: Bail plea of power theft suspect dismissed

Lahore High Court on Tuesday dismissed bail application of a man accused in Rs1.2 million electricity theft case


APP June 03, 2015
Lahore High Court on Tuesday dismissed bail application of a man accused in Rs1.2 million electricity theft case. PHOTO: LHC.GOV.PK

LAHORE:


Lahore High Court on Tuesday dismissed bail application of a man accused in Rs1.2 million electricity theft case.


Petitioner Rana Iftikhar submitted that an FIR registered against him was incorrect. He said the FIR accused him of stealing electricity to run a tubewell to irrigate his farm in 2014. He said he had been renting a tubewell to irrigate his fields for three years. He said the owner was responsible for supplying electricity to the tubewell. The prosecution said Iftikhar was issued a Rs1.2 million detection bill after a joint investigation conducted by the police, the Lahore Electric Supply Company (LESCO) and the Irrigation Department found him guilty of theft.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 3rd, 2015.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read