Indian army violates ceasefire in Bedori sector

Pakistani troops respond to Indian firing; no casualty or loss reported, says ISPR


Web Desk October 03, 2014

RAWALPINDI: The Indian army resorted to unprovoked firing in the Bedori sector near Bagh, an ISPR statement said on Friday.

Pakistani troops effectively responded to Indian firing, and no casualty or loss was reported, the statement added.

A recent spate of LoC and working boundary violations since July has resulted in casualties and injuries on both sides of the border.

On July 23, the working boundary between India and Pakistan was violated when one person was killed in Shakargarh sector.

On July 20, a man was killed in Mirajke after the Indian BSF allegedly opened fire.

Army chief General Raheel Sharif during his interaction with troops on forward localities along the LoC near Jhelum last week had said that Pakistan Army would ‘effectively respond’ to any provocation along the LoC that divides the disputed Himalayan state of Kashmir.

“Any provocation along the Line of Control will be responded effectively,” the military’s media wing quoted the army chief.

COMMENTS (1)

oBSERVER | 6 years ago | Reply

Modi is keeping his promise to Nawaz.

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ