The classic dish is super easy to prepare and will surely not disappoint you.
• Boil the potatoes and allow them to cool.
• Once the potatoes have reached room temperature, peel and chop them into cubes.
• Heat oil in a pan and fry curry leaves and garlic cloves for about a minute.
• Add the spices, mustard paste, crushed red chilli and water and cook for about 10 minutes.
• Add potato cubes, black onion seeds, unripe green mangoes, Kashmiri red chilli and tamarind paste and cook for five minutes.
• Dish out and serve with a garnish of chopped coriander leaves. Your dish is now ready!
Huba Akbar is currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Mass Communication and Journalism. In her free time, she likes to write, design clothes and cook.
Published in The Express Tribune, Ms T, August 10th, 2014.