The classic dish is super easy to prepare and will surely not disappoint you.
• Boil the potatoes and allow them to cool.
• Once the potatoes have reached room temperature, peel and chop them into cubes.
• Heat oil in a pan and fry curry leaves and garlic cloves for about a minute.
• Add the spices, mustard paste, crushed red chilli and water and cook for about 10 minutes.
• Add potato cubes, black onion seeds, unripe green mangoes, Kashmiri red chilli and tamarind paste and cook for five minutes.
• Dish out and serve with a garnish of chopped coriander leaves. Your dish is now ready!
Huba Akbar is currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Mass Communication and Journalism. In her free time, she likes to write, design clothes and cook.
Published in The Express Tribune, Ms T, August 10th, 2014.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ