The bodies of five people who had been abducted earlier were found on Tuesday. Meanwhile, five others were killed.
The bodies of four people were found near Zero-Point. Three of the victims were identified as Samiullah, 25, Hafiz, 30, and Faisal Abrar, 32. The identity of the fourth victim has yet to be ascertained. According to Surjani Town police SHO Bashir Waddo, the bodies of all four victims bore torture marks. The officers said that the deceased had been kidnapped by unidentified assailants and tortured before being brought to the site in two vehicles. The victims had then been shot multiple times at point blank range and dumped. SHO Waddo said that investigators had found more than 10 empty shells of a 9mm pistol. A case has been registered against unidentified persons.
Separately, the body of a 50-year-old man, Maher Khan, was found near Malir River. According to Sharafi Goth police officials, the deceased was a resident of Korangi and had a criminal record. They added that he was shot four times.
In another incident, a rickshaw driver, who was later identified as Wasif Nazeer, 30, was shot dead in Sikander Goth. Sacchal police officials said that the deceased was a resident of Bhittaiabad. They added that he was likely killed over offering resistance in a robbery bid. A seminary teacher, Qari Abdul Rauf, 40, was shot dead inside his house located in Mehran Town, Korangi. Police officials said that unidentified persons entered his house and escaped after shooting him.
Abdul Rasheed, 40, was shot dead when at least two armed men riding a motorcycle opened fire at his Suzuki at Patel Para, Jamshed Quarters. The deceased was a resident of Liaquatabad.
A labourer, Afroze Hussain, 40, was shot dead in Sector 11.5 in Orangi Town within Pakistan Bazaar police limits. Police officials said that the deceased used to work at a shoe factory in Orangi Town. Another young man, Syed Azeem Hussain, 22, was shot dead when he was sitting near his home. The Majlis-e-Wahadat-Muslimeen, condemning their killings, called for the Sindh government to take action against the assailants. At a press conference, MWM political secretary Abdullah Mutaheri threatened to surround Chief Minister House in protest on Friday.
Published in The Express Tribune, February 19th, 2014.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ