Tantalize your taste buds this Eidul Azha with this quick and easy recipe for succulent kebabs with a Persian flavour.
Chelo kebabs are the national dish of Iran and when served fresh off the stove with buttered rice and salad, they can liven up even the dullest of menus. Add to this a large jug of cold lassi and you have the perfect menu for your big Eid gathering. I guarantee your guests will be blown away.
Mutton or beef (minced) ½ kg
Green chillies 3 — 4
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Garlic paste 1 tsp
Tomatoes (grilled) 3
Oil (as desired)
Salt (to taste)
Red chilli powder (optional) 1 tsp
Slice of bread (crushed) 1
• Set the egg aside to be used later.
• Add all the remaining ingredients in an electric food processor and mix thoroughly to form a paste.
• Add the egg to the paste and mix it in with a wooden spoon.
• Using your hands, shape the meat into long rolls as shown in the picture.
• Fry the kebabs in hot oil and serve with buttered rice and grilled tomatoes.
Gulnaz Mondegarian is an expert in Iranian cuisine who has co-hosted Food Diaries alongside Zarnak Sidhwa to celebrate Community Food Week
Published in The Express Tribune, Ms T, October 13th, 2013.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ
@Parvez Yes i have also eaten there its a small eatery near lucky star fleet club.Really tasty cheelo kebab i have eaten there.
There's an Irani run eating place in Saddar Karachi ( Near Lucky Star - I think ) where I ate this with a dollop of butter...........brilliant stuff.
One of best recipe of Chelo kebabs. Thank you for sharing http://telefood.weebly.com/uploads/4/5/5/4/4554672/6177097_orig.jpg