KARACHI: An anti-terrorism court on Monday sent two suspects - accused of planning a bomb attack on Sindh High Court Justice Maqbool Baqar – on judicial remand till August 9, Express News reported.
Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) “death squad” chief Masoom Billah and his accomplice Muhammad Muawiya had admitted to plotting against the high court judge.
The June 26 attack on Justice Baqar killed nine people and injured many more. Justice Baqar survived the blast with some injuries.
Billah had told the court earlier that he had taken an explosives-laden motorcycle for the purpose of carrying out the attack on the senior judge.
He said the explosives were detonated using a remote control as Justice Baqar’s vehicle began crossing a particular patch of the road. He said the motorcycle used in the attck was snatched from Surjani Town and explosives were concealed inside the silencer, headlights and in several other parts of the vehicle.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ