Bugti Murder Case: Ruling reserved in Musharraf bail plea

Sohail Rajput said Pervez Musharaf had submitted his bail application in Anti Terrorism Court (ATC).


Our Correspondent July 23, 2013

QUETTA: Balochistan High Court (BHC) on Monday reserved judgment on the bail application of the former president Pervez Musharraf during the hearing of Nawab Bugti murder case. Justice Naeem Akhter asked advocate Ilyas Siddiqui as to how Musharraf’s bail order could be issued as the accused was not under custody of the Balochistan police. Musharraf’s lawyer replied that no one had enough evidence against his client nor allegations against him had been proved; which is why they had requested for the bail. The court asked the provincial government that while the crime branch was investigating the case, why the accused had not been arrested and brought in court. Later talking to the media, lawyer Sohail Rajput said Pervez Musharaf had submitted his bail application in Anti Terrorism Court (ATC), which had rejected his request.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 23rd, 2013.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read