Aftermath: Applicant seeks compensation for destroyed plaza

Commercial market in Hangu city was destroyed in an operation against militants in 2010.


Our Correspondent July 18, 2013
Hussain is seeking compensation for his commercial plaza which was destroyed in an operation against militants. PHOTO: FILE

PESHAWAR: A petition was filed at the Peshawar High Court seeking compensation for a plaza destroyed during an operation in Hangu. 

A division bench, comprising PHC Chief Justice Dost Muhammad Khan and Justice Qaisar Rashid, was hearing an application filed by Shaukat Hussain, a resident of district Hangu.  Hussain is seeking compensation for his commercial plaza which was destroyed in an operation against militants.

Wali Afridi, Hussain’s attorney, said the commercial market in Hangu city worth Rs3.9 million was completely destroyed in an operation against anti-state elements in 2010.

Afridi added a committee had been constituted to compensate those who lost their property, but his client was yet to receive any aid.

Additional Advocate General Naveed Akhtar said there was no policy for providing compensation in such cases. However, the bench observed people had indeed been compensated. The court asked Akhtar to produce the notification under which forces were called in to assist the civil administration.

Published in The Express Tribune, July 19th, 2013.

COMMENTS (1)

Omer Bangash | 9 years ago | Reply

what is the next date of this case...????

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read