Justice Baqar attack alleged mastermind dies of injuries

Leghari was under treatment for a gunshot wound he received during the raid in which he was apprehended.


Faraz Khan July 17, 2013
Around dozen people were killed in the attack on the convoy of Justice Baqar. PHOTO: AFP

KARACHI: The suspected mastermind of the attack on Justice Maqbool Baqar, succumbed to his injuries on late Wednesday night.

Leghari had been arrested from the Surjani town during a raid along with his two companion. During the raid, there was an exchange of gunfire and he received a bullet wound  in his abdomen. He was shifted to the Jinnah hospital for treatment.

On Wednesday evening, he succumbed to his injuries while under treatment.

The medico-legal officer at the JPMC said that Leghari had been brought to the hospital with critical injuries and was admitted to ICU after an operation, but he did not survive.

District South SSP Nasir Aftab while confirming Leghari's death said it could prove to be a major loss for their investigation.

Justice Baqar’ convoy was attacked on June 26. Around nine people were killed and many injured including Jusice baqar in the attack at Burns Road, Karachi.

COMMENTS (3)

Faizan | 7 years ago | Reply

@ Chang. Agree with khan101. Everyone knows whose behind it. Everyone knows who are behind all these atrocities being committed in our country. Only problem is no one, not the army nor the govt, is willing to do anything about it, as always.

Khan101 | 7 years ago | Reply

@Chang:

Yeah, right. 9/11, Pearl Harbour, everything was carried out by namaloom afraad.

VIEW MORE COMMENTS
Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ