After Askari Bank, Fauji Group sets eyes on foods business

Seeks to buy Al-Hamd Foods, acquisition price remains undisclosed.


Our Correspondent June 17, 2013
The Fauji Group has been diversifying for the past few years. DESIGN: SAMRA AAMIR/ FAIZAN DAWOOD

KARACHI: The Fauji Group on Monday announced that it will acquire Al-Hamd Foods – a venture of Al-Hamd Group which has interests in textile, confectionery and foods – in a bid to diversify its business already weighty of fertiliser, cement, food, power generation, gas exploration, LPG marketing and distribution, financial services, employment services and security services.

The acquisition price has not been disclosed yet.

In a notice sent to the Karachi Stock Exchange, the Fauji Group said that on June 15, the company’s board of directors approved acquisition of 100% stake in Al-Hamd Foods, of which 75% will be held by Fauji Fertilizer Company (FFCL) and the rest (25%) by Fauji Foundation, as part of FFCL diversification drive to ensure sustained and multiple revenue streams.

In May, the Fauji consortium took over the charge of Askari Bank from the Army Welfare Trust, the previous owner, at a sale-purchase price of Rs24.32 per share.



The Fauji Group has been diversifying for the past few years, expanding its interests in all of the potential good buys they can find. Looking at the acquisitions and expansion it was making, it seems that the company wants to become a household name just like Engro.

Published in The Express Tribune, June 18th, 2013.

Like Business on Facebook to stay informed and join in the conversation.

E-Publications

Most Read

COMMENTS (3)

ZZ | 8 years ago | Reply

Oh so thats the reason behind the Defence Budget increase. Wow!!!

swati | 8 years ago | Reply and what about defending the country
VIEW MORE COMMENTS
Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ