Balochistan Unrest: Salahuddin Mengal kidnapped

Mengal had been on his way home from the Balochistan High Court when he was abducted by unknown gunmen.


Our Correspondent April 04, 2013
Eyewitnesses say there were five kidnappers who used aerial fire to scare bystanders away. PHOTO: FILE

QUETTA:


Former Balochistan advocate general Salahuddin Mengal was kidnapped in broad daylight from Saryab Road on Wednesday.


Talking to The Express Tribune, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Operations Fayaz Sumbal said that Mengal had been on his way home from the Balochistan High Court when he was abducted by unknown gunmen.

The former advocate general was accompanied by his younger brother Najamuddin.According to Najamuddin, there were five kidnappers. Eyewitnesses said the kidnappers used aerial fire to scare bystanders away.

Following the incident, angry protesters blocked Saryab Road chanting slogans against the government.

Quetta CCPO Mir Zubair Ahmed has formed a two-member committee, headed by DIG Investigation Mubin Ahmed, to probe the case. Security forces have also launch­ed a search operation for Mengal.

Published in The Express Tribune, April 4th, 2013.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read