Blazing fire: Hospital workers injured in gas explosion

“The explosion and the fire erupted due to gas leakage from the pipes in the kitchen,” says DPO Khan.


Our Correspondent October 26, 2012

SWABI: Two staff members of the Bacha Khan Hospital Complex Shahmansoor were severely injured when a blast occurred due to gas leakage on Thursday in Swabi. DPO Swabi Abdur Rasheed Khan told The Express Tribune that around 1pm, a huge fire erupted in the kitchen and the adjacent room when one hospital employee tried to turn on the light. Two class-IV employees, Asfandiyar and Faqir Muhammed, were severely burned in the incident and rushed to the burn unit in Wah. The police and bomb disposal squad reached the area and cordoned it off. “The explosion and the fire erupted due to gas leakage from the pipes in the kitchen,” DPO Khan said. DSP Circle Salimdad Khan said that hospital officials called the police in panic saying that a bomb exploded in the room.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 26th, 2012.

 

Facebook Conversations

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

Load Next Story