Karachi factory fire: Rehman Malik posits incident as terror bid

Reject­s a boiler blast or genera­tor blaze as the cause of the fire.


Web Desk September 16, 2012

KARACHI: Interior Minister Rehman Malik rejected initial reports on the Karachi factory fire that killed more than 250 and said that terrorism could not be ruled out, Express News reported on Sunday.

While talking to the media during his visit to the site, Malik rejected a boiler blast or generator blaze as the cause of the fire, adding that both were in proper condition.

“Precious lives lost in the factory fire constitutes a national tragedy, the perpetrators will be punished severely,” said Malik, adding that investigations were being conducted from various angles.

Malik also made it clear that those who sealed off the fire exits would not be spared.

He further said that it was being investigated whether the fire was set for claiming insurance, adding that all documents had been taken into possession in this regard.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ