QUETTA: Four out of seven people who had gone missing from the Sariab area of Quetta were retrieved and produced before the Quetta Registry of the Supreme Court on Friday, whereas Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry ordered the police to present the remaining three on April 9, Express News reported.
After presenting four out of the seven missing people before the court, the police told the court they needed more time to find the remaining missing persons, upon which the chief justice gave them till April 9.
During the hearing, the CJ expressed his discontent over how the police and frontier corps were dealing with crime.
Addressing the Inspector General Frontier Corps (FC), the chief justice said that they were here to support and help the police but if their names were included in abductions and people suspected them, it would be a huge problem in curbing crime.
The chief justice told the police that their performance was totally nil. He said that no investigations had been done, adding that no criminals were being arrested and the crime rate was increasing. He said that crime cannot be curbed when the police doesn’t take any interest. SHO New Sairab, Quetta was also suspended for misrepresentation of facts.
Additionally, the Interior Secretary told the court that in three years, 1,065 people have been killed in different incidents.
Earlier, the chief justice had ordered the Inspector General of Police (IG) to produce the seven missing persons within 24 hours. The chief justice said if the missing persons were not brought before the court, the IG and other officials would be suspended.
As per the order four people including Hazar Khan, Mazar Khan, Malik Sher and Javed were produced before the court today whereas Amir Khan, Mir Khan and Gul Mir could not be produced.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ