Four suspects arrested in Lodhran murder case

Family claims repeated harassment and firing complaints went unheeded

LODHRAN:

Police claimed to have arrested four suspects in connection with a firing incident in Lodhran that left a man dead and two others injured, while teams have been formed to arrest two more suspects allegedly involved in the attack.

DSP Sadar Lodhran Abid Bhalla said three nominated suspects had been taken into custody, along with another suspect who was initially unidentified.

He said police teams were conducting raids to arrest the remaining two suspects and would bring them to justice soon.

The incident occurred in Basti Gheppli, Mauza Rajapur, within the jurisdiction of Sadar Lodhran police station on August 10.

Javed Shah was killed while his younger brother Mujahid Shah and his business partner Faheem sustained serious bullet wounds.

According to police and local sources, the dispute reportedly originated from a quarrel between children of two related families.

The victim's family alleged that the dispute later escalated into repeated harassment and firing incidents targeting Javed and his family.

The family claimed that suspects had opened fire at Javed's house several times in the days preceding the fatal attack.

They said Javed had repeatedly contacted Rescue 15 and approached police, while police teams visited the scene and collected bullet casings.

On one occasion, the suspects allegedly fled after abandoning a motorcycle, which police reportedly seized along with bullet casings.

The family, however, alleged that no immediate action was taken against the suspects.

On August 10, the suspects allegedly opened fire on Javed and others at his shop. Javed died at the scene, while his brother and business partner were injured.

Police shifted the deceased and injured to hospital, where the victim's relatives later complained about delays in the post-mortem examination and treatment arrangements.

The family has appealed to the Punjab chief minister, inspector general of police and provincial health minister to ensure justice and take action over the alleged police negligence.

Load Next Story