Man detained in Nancy Guthrie case speaks out after release, insists he’s innocent
'I hope they get the suspect, because I’m not it,' he said

A man briefly detained in connection with the disappearance of 84-year-old Nancy Guthrie — the mother of Today co-host Savannah Guthrie — is speaking out after being released without charges.
The man, identified as Carlos Palazuelos of Rio Rico, Arizona, was stopped by law enforcement during a traffic stop and questioned by authorities as part of the ongoing investigation. After several hours, he was released.
“I didn’t do anything … I’m innocent,” Palazuelos told reporters outside his home. He said he has “no connection” to Nancy or Savannah Guthrie and claimed he was unaware of details surrounding the high-profile case.
Palazuelos acknowledged that, in his job as a delivery driver, he may have previously delivered a package to Nancy Guthrie’s home, but said he had “no idea” why he was detained. “I hope they get the suspect, because I’m not it,” he said. “They better do their job and find the suspect that did it so they can clear my name.”
Nancy Guthrie was reported missing from her Tucson, Arizona, home on Jan. 31. Authorities have said they believe she was taken against her will. Surveillance footage released by investigators shows a masked individual outside her residence the night she disappeared, and blood matching her DNA was found at the scene.
The FBI and Pima County Sheriff’s Department continue to investigate the case and have urged the public to come forward with any information. Savannah Guthrie and her family have made emotional public appeals for Nancy’s safe return, asking for proof that she is alive and expressing hope for her recovery.
No arrests have been announced, and officials emphasize that being detained for questioning does not imply guilt as the investigation remains ongoing.



















COMMENTS
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ