Years-old murder case solved

Victim’s wife, friend confess to the crime

ATIQUE UR REHMAN December 03, 2023


The murder of a young man who was killed three years ago has finally been solved, with police arresting the wife of the deceased and her acquaintance. City Circle Police arrested both accused and recovered the murder weapon on Friday.

DPO Mansoor Aman informed Express that a young man named Razzaq was killed three years ago in Shadman Colony by his wife, Mukhtaran Bibi and his acquaintance Aslam, who allegedly drugged Razzaq and left him unconscious. The accused allegedly slit Razzaq’s throat before brutally dismembering the body and dumping it in two sacks. Mukhtaran Bibi also reported her husband missing to police three years ago to allay suspicion.

The deceased’s brother Gulzar informed police that he suspected Mukhtaran and Aslam killed his brother. The police arrested both the accused, who confessed to the crime. Through thorough investigation, police recovered the murder weapon and launched further investigation.

Last week, a double murder case was solved and the accused was arrested in Bahawalnagar. The victims, a couple, were reportedly killed over a long-standing grudge with knives.

Their bodies were discovered during the decomposition process. Geo-fencing technology played a crucial role in capturing the assailant.

Read Man arrested for killing wife in DHA flat

Following reports of a foul smell from a locked house in Mohalla Tajpura, Sub Inspector Amjad Iqbal Bajwa reached the location with his team. Breaking the lock with the help of local residents, they found the decomposed bodies of a man and a woman, identified as Master Fateh Muhammad and Ishrat Bano. The state of decomposition suggests that the murders occurred approximately four days prior.

The accused, Sarfraz Hijazi, was arrested with the aid of modern technology, including CDRs and geo-fencing.

District Police Officer (DPO) Naseebullah told The Express Tribune that police traced phone numbers that were in contact with the victims.

One of the numbers was continuously opened and closed immediately after the incident, upon which police traced the signal and discovered Sarfraz Hijazi, who reportedly met the victims before turning off his phone. A resident of the same street, Hijazi reportedly fled to Lahore after committing the murders.

SHO Amjad Iqbal Bajwa formed a police team, which raided a location in Lahore and arrested Hijazi.

Published in The Express Tribune, December 3rd, 2023.


Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ