Minor boys ‘sexually assault’ four-year-old girl

Suspects took victim to a nearby field where they raped her


Amir Mehmood August 21, 2021
PHOTO: AFP

LODHRAN:

A four-year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted by two minor boys in the outskirts of Lodhran on Thursday.

The suspects took the girl to a nearby field and raped her. After the rape, the accused left the girl unconscious and fled.

Police said a four-year-old daughter of labourer Muhammad Yaseen, a resident of Jalalabad area, went with her grandmother and mother on the Muharram 10 to a cemetery to offer fateha at her grandfather's grave.

Suspect Tariq, 12 and Kamran, 13 abducted the girl and took her to a nearby cotton field. After the incident, when the people who came to the graveyard went to fetch water from the well, the girl was found lying unconscious in the field.

Upon information, the girl's mother and grandmother picked her up and brought her home. Later, the incident was reported to the local police station. Uncle of the victim took her to the district hospital.

Police have arrested both the suspects and registered cases against them in Saddar Lodhran police station under sections 376 and 377 PPC.

Read Woman, two minor girls allegedly sexually assaulted

Talking on his return, the girl's father Muhammad Yaseen said the Punjab chief minister and the IGP must punish the suspects and interrogation should be done on merit so that they are not released as usual.

They should be punished according to the law. The court and the state should give severe punishments for such incidents so that no further incidents take place in future.

Jahangir Tareen also condemned the issue and expressed regret over the shameful incident of rape of a four-year-old girl and said that this heartbreaking incident deserves condemnation.

Child Protection Bureau Focal Person Kainat Arsalan has also condemned the incident and demanded the arrest of the suspect and punishment according to the law. She also said that our legal team will protect the girl in every way and financial and legal cooperation will be continued.

A preliminary medical report of the girl has also been released in which the girl has been found to have misbehaved while no evidence of rape has been found. Samples have been sent to Lahore PFSA for final opinion.

Earlier this year in July, a three-year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted in her school in Raiwind.

The victim along with her sister went to a nearby school to study. After she returned home, the minor went to sleep.

In the evening, her mother noticed marks of blood on the victim’s clothes. The victim’s mother told her husband Chand Maseeh after he returned home from work from a factory.

Later, the victim’s parents learned from the victim’s cousin that a boy named Saleem had held back the girl at the school. The suspect had allegedly physically assaulted the girl as well. The suspect reportedly told others at the school to leave the premises while he held the victim there. Police registered a case against the suspect.

Published in The Express Tribune, August 21st, 2021.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

Most Read