Preservatives: 2 girls die after eating expired biscuits

The girls’ parents tried to get a post mortem report for their children but no hospital was willing to take the case.


August 05, 2011

SIALKOT: Two minor girls died after eating poisonous biscuits on Friday. According to the girls’ family, the incident occurred within the limits of the Neka Pur police station as one-year-old Amina and her old sister Alia Shah began vomiting after eating expired biscuits in Tabban Sayyadan.

The girls’ parents tried to get a post mortem report for their children but no hospital was willing to take the case and the family has appealed to the courts.  Both girls died on the spot after eating the biscuits and their parents staged a protest after placing the dead bodies of Amina and Alia Shah on road.

Published in The Express Tribune, August 6th, 2011.

COMMENTS

Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read