Pakistan on Wednesday summoned senior Indian diplomat at the Foreign Office in Islamabad to register a 'strong protest' over unabated violations of the 2003 ceasefire agreement by Indian troops along the Line of Control (LoC) on April 28, causing serious injuries to civilians.
"Due to indiscriminate and unprovoked firing by the Indian occupation forces in Rakhchikri sector, two innocent women, 45 years old Roqaya Begum, r/o Village Naban, and 60 years old Sarwar Bibi, r/o Village Kirni, sustained serious injuries," the FO said in a statement.
The Indian occupation forces along the LoC and the Working Boundary (WB) have been continuously targeting civilian populated areas with artillery fire, heavy-calibre mortars and automatic weapons, the statement added.
"This year, India has so far committed 913 ceasefire violations," FO said.
Unsettled by domestic chaos, India heats up LoC
"Condemning the deplorable targeting of innocent civilians by the Indian occupation forces, it was underscored that such senseless acts are a violation of the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding between the two sides, and are against all established humanitarian norms and professional military conduct," according to the communique.
The FO further added that these egregious violations of international law reflect consistent Indian attempts to escalate the situation along the LoC and are a threat to regional peace and security.
It also stated that by raising tensions along the LoC and the WB, India cannot divert attention from the grave human rights situation in the Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IOJ&K).
Pakistan also urged the Indian side to respect the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding; investigate all incidents of ceasefire violations and maintain peace along the LoC and the WB.
New Dehli was also urged to allow the United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) to play its mandated role as per the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Resolutions.