KARACHI: An anti-terrorism court (ATC) on Thursday approved the physical remand of two men arrested for kidnapping Dua Mangi and Bisma Saleem till March 25.
The accused, Zohaib and Muzzafar, were presented before the court.
The investigation officer (IO) told the court that the accused were in remand in connection with the Mangi abduction and for possessing illegal weapons, and the police will also probe cases registered against the accused in different police stations of the city.
The IO further said that the other accused in the cases were on the run, but the police were carrying out raids to arrest them.
The police requested the court to remand the accused for two weeks. However, the court only approved the physical remand of the accused until March 25 and sought a progress report from the police.
In a press conference on Wednesday, Karachi police chief Ghulam Nabi Memon had disclosed that a former police official and four other men were involved in the high-profile kidnappings of the two girls last year.
Published in The Express Tribune, March 20th, 2020.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ