FAISALABAD: Four people, including three kiln workers, were electrocuted to death and two others were injured in separate incidents on Saturday. Rescue 1122 said that Saleem, who worked at a brick kiln, was working on the kiln’s rooftop in Chak No 70-JB, Mansooran Jhang Road when he accidentally touched a live wire. Hearing his screams, three others identified as Ramzan, Yousuf and Azhar, rushed to the scene where they were also electrocuted. Saleem, Yousuf, and Azhar died on the spot while Ramzan was shifted to District Headquarter Hospital in critical condition. Meanwhile, 30-year-old Shabbir of Chak 119-JB sustained a fatal electric shock at his home and died on the spot. Separately, 19-year-old electrician Akaash was shifted to Tehsil Headquarter Hospital after he was electrocuted while trying to fix a water pump at his home. Police are investigating the incidents.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 11th, 2019.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ