Pulwama attack: Turkey rejects Indian allegations, stresses need for dialogue

FM Qureshi thanks his Turkish counterpart for 'steadfast support' during telephonic conversation


News Desk February 22, 2019
FM Qureshi thanks his Turkish counterpart for 'steadfast support' during telephonic conversation. PHOTO: FO/FILE

Expressing complete understanding of Pakistan’s position, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu on Friday said that Turkey rejects the Indian allegations in connection with the Pulwama attack.

Speaking to his Pakistani counterpart Shah Mehmood Qureshi over telephone, he also underscored the need for dialogue between India and Pakistan to resolve all outstanding issues. Cavusoglu stated that the issue of Kashmir needed to be resolved through dialogue and in accordance with the relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions.

Foreign Minister Qureshi had called his Turkish counterpart to thank him for Turkey’s steadfast support to Pakistan on a range of issues, said a statement issued by the Foreign Office. “This support reflected the commitment of Pakistan and Turkey to stand by each other,” it added.

Proposals for Pakistan-Turkey economic framework reviewed

Briefing the Turkish foreign minister on the situation after the Pulwama incident, Qureshi said that Pakistan had asked India to share any actionable information it had, enabling Pakistan to help in the investigation.

The foreign minister appreciated Turkey’s understanding of Pakistan’s position on different issues and its continued support. He shared that excellent relations between the two brotherly countries had been further reinforced after Prime Minister Imran Khan’s visit to Turkey on January 3-4, 2019.

During the visit the two sides had agreed to transform Pakistan-Turkey relations into a new enhanced strategic partnership, he added.

The Turkish foreign minister also conveyed that President Recep Tayyip Erdogan will visit Pakistan after local elections in Turkey.

We do not wish for war, but we are prepared: ISPR

Earlier in the day, the Pakistan Army had said that the country did not wish for war, but was prepared in the eventuality India takes any aggressive military measures in the aftermath of the suicide attack in Pulwama district of occupied Kashmir that killed 44 Indian paramilitary personnel on February 14.

Addressing a press conference, Director General Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Major General Asif Ghafoor also said that India was quick to pin responsibility of the Pulwama attack on Pakistan without due investigation and New Delhi has yet not accepted the reality of Partition.

COMMENTS (1)

Malinda | 2 years ago | Reply There is certainly a lot to learn about this issue. I love all the points you've made.카지노사이트
Replying to X

Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.

For more information, please see our Comments FAQ

E-Publications

Most Read