Even if you are not a student anymore, you must remember that familiar feeling of dread and apprehension that leaves your mouth dry and knots up your stomach as you wait for your results. Intermediate students experienced something of that nature as they scanned the results on the school board, fervently praying under their breath as they looked for their names.
There are nine boards in Punjab that offer Pre-Medical, Pre-Engineering, General Science, F.A, I.CS and I.COM. Even though students across the country set new academic records that made us proud, the students of Punjab Group of Colleges (PGC) stood out particularly.
PGC keeps setting a new bar for itself every academic year. This year too, the largest educational network accomplished 153 top positions in all boards’ Intermediate results. These bright students secured the overall first positions in different Intermediate Boards:
- Kashaf SanaUllah, student of Punjab College Lahore secured overall 1st position in All Board Intermediate Result ’18 with 1062/1100 marks.
- Samreen Shahid, from Punjab College Multan attained overall 1st position with 1052/1100 marks in Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education Multan Result.
- Maliha Maryam from Punjab College Sialkot obtained overall 1st position with 1051/1100 marks in BISE Gujranwala Result.
- Mehwish Saleem from Punjab College Faisalabad stood at an overall 1st position with 1051/1100 marks in BISE Faisalabad Result.
- Faryal Pervez from Punjab Colleg e Kot Addu clinched overall 1st position with 1057/1100 marks in BISE DG Khan Result.
- Zaheka Tul Jannat, student of Punjab College Chakwal achieved overall 1st position with 1048/1100 marks in BISE Rawalpindi.
- 3 students from Punjab College Sargodha shared overall 1st position in Federal Board Result ’18; Hammad Saleem (1058/1100 marks), Masooma Zainab (1058/1100 marks) and Momina Maham (1058/1100 marks).
Other renowned colleges faced tough competition from PGC in different Intermediate boards’ results.
- Lahore Board:
PGC - secured top three overall positions and top 21 positions
Government and Kinnaird College – achieved seventh and first position respectively
KIPS College – secured just one position
- Bahawalpur Board:
Government Degree College Bahawalnagar – clinched overall first position
Fouji Foundation College – secured overall second position
Punjab Group of Colleges – secured total 10 top positions
Superior College –bagged only two positions.
- DG Khan Board:
PGC – secured three overall positions and 10 top positions
Govt. PG Layyah –received three positions
Govt. College Women Muzzafargarh – bagged three positions
- Gujranwala Board:
PGC – nailed three overall positions and 28 total top positions
KIPS College – bagged two positions
Superior College – secured three positions
- Sahiwal Board:
DPS Sahiwal – clinched first two overall positions and total six positions
PGC – stood out with 11 top positions
- Rawalpindi Board:
PGC – achieved two overall positions with 18 top positions
Superior College – secured only one position
Kallar Kahar Science College Chakwal – earned three positions
- Federal Board:
PGC bagged first overall position (shared by three PGC students). The second overall position was also secured by PGC students with total 12 top positions in total.
- Faisalabad Board:
Punjab Group of Colleges – bagged three overall positions and 19 top positions.
KIPS College and Superior College – clinched six and two positions respectively.
- Sargodha Board:
ILM College – achieved overall first position and four positions in total
DPS College Khushab – nailed overall second position
Superior College – landed three positions
Punjab Group of Colleges –bagged 10 top positions.
- Multan Board:
PGC – clinched overall first and third positions with 11 top positions
KIPS College – secured four positions
Nishat College and Burten College – each secured two positions
Remarkably, out of a total 392 positions, PGC alone nailed 153 top positions in all boards’ intermediate results. On the other hand, government colleges like GCU, Lahore and Kinnaird College lagged far behind with as they secured only a few top positions. Furthermore, eight positions were clinched by students who appeared privately in all boards Intermediate exams.
The utmost stirring fact about Punjab Colleges is that its students have bagged highest number of positions in all the Science subjects (Pre-Medical, Pre-Engineering & I.C.S etc).
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ