MULTAN: The Multan-Lahore Motorway would be made functional and will open to traffic in April 2018 as the government has ordered the officials concerned to complete the project at the earliest. The motorway will help in reducing the travelling distance from Lahore to Multan to three hours as currently it takes five hours, National Highway officials said on Tuesday.
Similarly, they said the Lahore-Sialkot Motorway would be completed by August 2018, and for the benefit of the public, the eastern bypass from Kala Shah Kaku will also be opened before the completion of the motorway.
Bahria Town to build interchange on M-9 Motorway
Meanwhile, the work on Faisalabad-Multan Motorway was under way with full swing. The motorway had been divided into six sections. Around 58 kilometre long Faisalabad-Gojra section had already been completed and opened to traffic.
Work on 31 kilometre Gojra-Toba, 30 kilometre Toba-Shorkot, 31 kilometre Shorkot-Dinpur, 34 kilometre Dinpur-Khanewal and 55.6 kilometre Khanewal-Multan section was in progress.
IG Khawaja lauds Motorway Police
The officials maintained that 47% work had been completed on Gojra-Jamani Package-2A, while 41% progress was achieved on Jamani-Shorkot Package-2B.
Similarly, work on Shorkot-Dinpur Package-3A and Dinpur-Khanewal Package-3B was also under way. Besides, 68.3% work had been completed on 230 kilometre long Lahore-Abdul Hakeem Motorway and remaining work will be completed by August 2018, the officials pointed out.
Published in The Express Tribune, December 20th, 2017.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
For more information, please see our Comments FAQ