QUETTA: Balochistan High Court Bar Association (BHCBA) has announced a three-day boycott of the court proceedings across the country on the first death anniversary of the martyred lawyers, who lost their lives in the Quetta Civil Hospital attack on August 8 last year.
BHCBA President Shah Muhammad Jatoi was talking to media along with General Secretary Advocate Nadir Chalgari here on Sunday.
Other office-bearers, Vice President Quetta Bar Association Mir Attaullah Langove, Iqbal Kasi, Abid Panezai, Changaiz Baloch and other lawyers were also present.
Jatoi said that no court proceedings would be held on August 7 and August 9 in Balochistan High Court and other subordinate courts across the province while on August 8, the lawyer community would observe strike across the country.
He said that the Shuhada Day would be observed all across the country on August 8 to express solidarity with the families of the victims of the Civil Hospital attack. He further said that a seminar would be arranged to pay tributes to the martyred lawyers. Chief justice of Pakistan, senior judges of the apex court and other high courts and leaders of Supreme Court Bar Association and Pakistan Bar Council would attend the seminar.
They expressed the hope that the entire media would extend its help and cooperation in the converge of the seminar and other events that would be held in connection with the first death anniversary of the martyred lawyers.
President Quetta Press Club Raza-ur-Rehman assured the lawyer community full cooperation in this regard.