Each year, several surveys are conducted to ascertain which cities and countries are the cheapest and most expensive. Recent research conducted in Bulgaria found that Sofia, its capital, is the cheapest city in the world for a short break.
7 things you should never do on an airplane
Airport transfers company Hoppa, analysed a price index that included a night's stay in each city, a hotel, food, drink, entertainment and a taxi journey to find how each city ranked. For all of the aforementioned amenities it would cost a mere Rs4,970 for a night's stay in Sofia.
Here's how all the cities fared in the list.
1. Sofia, Bulgaria - Rs4,970
2. Cairo, Egypt - Rs5,084
3. Cartagena, Colombia - Rs5,163
4. Bucharest, Romania - Rs5,706
5. Antalya, Turkey - Rs5,719
6. Siem Reap, Cambodia - Rs5,838
7. Kiev, Ukraine - Rs6,078
8. Manilla, Philippines - Rs6,100
9. Mexico City, Mexico - Rs6,584
10. Sliema, Malta - Rs6,717
Meanwhile, here are the most expensive cities in comparison.
1. Zurich, Switzerland - Rs22,168
2. New York, US - Rs20,459
3. Copenhagen, Denmark - Rs19,604
4. Oslo, Norway - Rs19,167
5. Stockholm, Sweden - Rs17,057
6. Venice, Italy - Rs16,523
7. Amsterdam, Netherlands - Rs16,450
8. Honolulu, Hawaii, US - Rs16,158
9. Rome, Italy - Rs16,047
10. Caracas, Venezuela - Rs16,009
This article originally appeared on The Telegraph
Note: All prices are given as an approximate figure